Privacy and Data Governance Commitment
Responsible Handling of Health Information in Canada
We have developed our own personal information management code based on the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information (CAN/CSA-Q830-1996). IQVIA in Canada is the first organization in North America to have been registered by QMI–SAI Global, North America’s leading management systems registrar, to the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) privacy code and is audited annually.
In 1997, IQVIA established the Quebec Health Information Advisory Board, the first of its kind in Canada. Click here for the Privacy Code-Quebec.
Moreover, we require that our clients and partners adhere to the most stringent rules and procedures to protect the confidentiality of the information contained in our reports.
Our privacy standards include:
- Ensuring complete patient anonymity because IQVIA does not collect patient-identifiable information.
- Requiring all staff to sign a confidentiality agreement every year as a condition of employment.
- Obliging every client to sign a Code of Conduct and to follow a stringent set of rules and procedures to protect the confidentiality of information received in reports.
- Transparency is a cornerstone of responsible information handling practices.
- The IQVIA Privacy Commitment is publicly available and our data management practices are regularly audited.