At IQVIA, we are strongly committed to protecting your privacy. You can navigate the majority of our Website without giving us any personal information about yourself. However, sometimes we need additional information about you in order to provide the information or services you are requesting.
Your privacy is important to us. To protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
This Policy applies to Personal Information that is Processed by IQVIA on IQVIA websites (each a “Site”), mobile applications, and other online offerings (together with any and all future online offerings) operated by or on behalf of IQVIA, (the “Services”). “Personal Information” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This Policy is intended to meet requirements globally, including those in North America, Europe, APAC, and other jurisdictions.
- What information do we collect about you?
- The way we use your information
- Do we share your information?
- Our commitment to data security
- Cookies, log files, and other technologies
- Your rights
- Do Not Track
- Rights of access, rectification, and erasure
- Our commitment to children's privacy
- Data retention
- Other third party websites
- California users
- International users and transfers
- Notification of changes
- How to contact us
- We may collect the following types of Personal Information from you through this Website: name, title, contact details including e-mail address, and telephone numbers. We also may collect additional information when you register to access services available through our network of Websites.
- On some pages, you may opt to provide us information about yourself for example if you are interested in (a) an employment opportunity at IQVIA; or (b) having IQVIA participate at your event. The information requested from you will be based on your area of interest.
- On occasion, IQVIA may request that you voluntarily participate in a survey or poll such as feedback on website content or services. Your responses will be anonymous unless you opt in to being contacted by email to provide further information regarding the survey.
- In order to improve the design and content of our Website, to enable us to better personalize your user experience, and for other purposes outlined in this Policy, we may collect certain technical information about our visitors when you visit our Website pages, such as the IP address or the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences.
- We may receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services. For example, if you access third-party services, such as Facebook or Twitter, to login to the Services or to share information about your experience with IQVIA, we may collect information from these services.
- From time to time, we may provide Services that are specifically designed to be compatible and used on mobile devices. IQVIA will collect certain information (including Personal Information) that your mobile device sends when you use such Services, like a device identifier, user settings and the operating system of your device. Mobile versions of IQVIA’s Services may require that users log in with an account. In such cases, information about use of mobile versions of the Services may be associated with user accounts. In addition, we may enable you to download an application, widget, or other tool that can be used on mobile or other computing devices. Some of these tools may store information on mobile or other devices. These tools may transmit Personal Information to IQVIA to enable you to access user accounts and to enable us to track use of these tools. Some of these tools may enable you to email reports and other information from the tool. IQVIA may use Personal Information or non-identifiable information transmitted to us to enhance these tools, to develop new tools, for quality improvement and as otherwise described in this Policy or in other notices IQVIA provides.
We acquire, hold, use, and process Personal Information based on the legal grounds and for the legitimate business purposes outlined in this Policy or as otherwise clearly identified at point of collection, including:
- To provide products, Services, and information requested: We use your Personal Information to enable you to receive access to our products and services on-line, obtain information about our products and services and receive updates, participate in surveys or questionnaires posted on our Website, provide you with opportunities to learn about our other products, programs, or services that we believe may be of interest to you, and to enable us to respond to your requests.
- To market our products and Services: Our use of Personal Information may also include for purposes of providing you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. IQVIA may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by applicable law.
- For research and development: IQVIA may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services. From time to time, IQVIA may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage third party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities. If you participate in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants. We may share anonymous individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
- For marketing purposes: Individuals who provide us with Personal Information, or whose Personal Information we obtain from third parties, may receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings, or phone calls from us with information on IQVIA’s or our business partners’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events we believe may be of interest. In some cases, we may only contact you with your permission and we always offer the option to decline these communications at no cost to the individual by following the instructions below.
- Other purposes: IQVIA may use Personal Information for other purposes for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information and/or with your consent.
- To create anonymous and/or aggregated information: IQVIA may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access IQVIA’s Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and we may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within IQVIA and with third parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
- Information you submit via the Services: You agree that IQVIA is free to use the content of any communications submitted by you via the Services, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or Services. IQVIA will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
We may share your Personal Information as described in this Policy (e.g., with our third-party service providers; to comply with legal obligations; to protect and defend our rights and property) or with your permission.
- Vendors and Service Providers: We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; and (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Site. IQVIA has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners: IQVIA may share Personal Information with our business partners, affiliates, and for our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. We may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with IQVIA’s. IQVIA requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it by any mean or for any purpose other than the means and purpose for which we provided it to them.
- Displaying to Other Users: The content you post to the Site may be displayed on the Site if you submit a review. In such case, other users of the Site may be able to see some information about you, such as your name. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the posted information.
- Marketing, Interest-Based Advertising, and Third-Party Marketing: Through our Services, IQVIA may allow third party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected Personal Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with third party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-IQVIA related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising”. Subject to applicable law, we may allow access to other data collected by the Site to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with third party advertising partners, you may opt-out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions below.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures): We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce IQVIA policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to us; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. Should such an event occur, IQVIA will endeavor to direct the transferee to use Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with the Policy in effect at the time such Personal Information was collected and will comply with any legal or regulatory additional requirements applicable to those transfers.
We do not share personally identifiable information with unrelated third parties who are not covered by this privacy statement without your prior permission, except to the extent reasonably necessary to: (i) correct technical problems and malfunctions; (ii) protect the security and integrity of our Website; (iii) protect our rights, interests and property and the rights, interests and property of others; (iv) comply with laws or to respond to judicial process; or (v) provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation of a matter as applicable, or otherwise as required or permitted by law.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
We receive IP addresses in the normal course of the operation of our Website. An IP address is a number assigned to you by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet.
- provide access to our content: for example, allow you to personalize your experience by keeping you logged in, accessing information, products, and services relevant to your areas of interest,
- show adverts that are more relevant to you: for example, with your consent, we use tracking technologies to remember content that has interested you and remember content that has interested you. Cookies will also help limit the number of times that you see an ad, measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns and help us and others track whether ads have been properly displayed so we can pay for this. We also allow other organizations to use tracking technologies for these advertising purposes too].
- prevent duplication: for example, when voting or participating in surveys.
- Pixel tags/Web beacons: A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on our sites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits
You may be asked, in some cases, to consent to the processing of Personal Information. In any case, you have the right to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information.
Where you have consented to IQVIA’s processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt out of further processing by following the instructions in this Section. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Sites and/or information from the advertisements on third party websites for non-interest based advertising purposes, such as to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Subscribers may provide data to us for processing and IQVIA data providers may collect information from the web that is not supplied directly by you to IQVIA. If you desire to correct, amend or delete personal information that was provided to us by such third parties (and not directly by you), you may contact us to access, correct or remove your information from our files. However, we also recommend that you contact the third-party website operators to whom you have provided such information under such third parties' privacy policies.
If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt out of receiving future emails. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Note that you will continue to receive transaction-related emails regarding products or services you have requested. We may also send you certain communications regarding IQVIA and our Services and you will not be able to opt out of those communications (e.g., communications regarding updates to our Terms of Service or this Policy).
We maintain “do-not-call” and “do-not-mail” lists as mandated by law. We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists within 60 days after receipt, or such shorter time as may be required by law.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
You may inquire as to whether IQVIA is processing Personal Information about you, request access to Personal Information, and ask that we limit, restrict, port, correct, amend, or delete your Personal Information. Where otherwise permitted by applicable law, you may send an e-mail to PrivacyOfficer@IQVIA.com or use any of the methods set out in this Policy to request access to, receive (port), seek rectification, or request erasure of Personal Information held about you by IQVIA. Such requests will be processed in line with local laws.
Although IQVIA makes good faith efforts to provide individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which IQVIA is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary. If IQVIA determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, IQVIA will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we do not intend to collect or maintain information at our Website from those we know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Website is structured to attract anyone under 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at [insert email address]. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16), we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
The information you provide to us may be archived or stored periodically by us according to backup processes and will only be retained for as long as is required for the purposes for which it was collected, provide our products and services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
Our Website may contain links to other third party websites. You should carefully review the privacy policies and practices of other websites, as we cannot control or be responsible for privacy policies or practices of third-party websites that are not IQVIA’s Websites.
For links to other IQVIA’s Websites, please review the privacy terms on those sites as well, as they may differ from those on this Website.
We would be pleased to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies in our group which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the Third Parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. IQVIA does not share Personal Information with Third Parties for their own marketing purposes.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and processing globally. By providing your Personal Information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
Where information is transferred outside the EEA to a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, data is adequately protected by EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses, an appropriate Privacy Shield certification, or applicable Processor Binding Corporate Rules.
Additionally, before we use Personal Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt out. Where consent of the Individual for the processing of Personal Information is otherwise required by law or contract, we will endeavor to comply with the law or contract.
If you wish to access, correct, update, request removal of or exercise your rights in relation to any of your information you provided to us or if you have any questions regarding this statement or would like more information on our privacy practices, please contact us at: PrivacyOfficer@IQVIA.com.
For investor relations queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For queries by post, please write to us at:
83 Wooster Heights Road, Danbury, CT 06810
4820 Emperor Boulevard, Durham, North Carolina 27703
If you are an EU or Swiss citizen and feel that IQVIA is not abiding by the terms of this Policy, please contact IQVIA at the contact information provided above. If any request remains unresolved, you may contact the national data protection authority for your EU Member State.