IQVIA and Shoppertec already have Farma Shopper 2018 results available
- This is the largest consumer and consumer study of Consumer Health in the pharmacy ever made in Spain.
- It combines different quantitative and qualitative methodologies, with more than 60 audited categories.
- Check the Top 10 Insights of Farma Shopper 2018
Madrid, July 19 - IQVIA and Shoppertec already have Farma Shopper 2018 data available. It is the largest Consumer Health buyer and customer study in the pharmacy ever made in Spain. The goal is to understand who buys, how, where and why; to help labs in their categories and increase the detailed knowledge of your buyer, and thus know where and how you should invest to influence the buying process.
The Farma Shopper 2018 study, which was carried out during the months of May and June, combines different quantitative and qualitative methodologies, with more than 60 audited categories. 2,000 online surveys have been carried out for the general public; 11,400 surveys to buyers leaving the pharmacy; 1,200 follow-ups with observation to buyers throughout the tour in their visit to the establishment; 5,000 observations to buyers in their interaction with the pharmacist (100 per category audited); PDV audits with the key variables of universes and audited categories; 22 in-depth interviews with pharmacists; 120 purchases accompanied by in-depth interviews with buyers (with eyetracking glasses); 150 surveys with eyetracking in the room and post interview of more than 150 stimuli.
Consumer Health is an important driver of growth for the pharmacy, where each category is unique, and therefore, it is essential that laboratories identify the key levers to develop the category and its brands.
The Top 10 Insights of Farma Shopper 2018
- The online channel gains relevance. It is especially relevant when you buy it for the first time. The weight of online shopping is lower when customers of the pharmacy are asked to ask when it is asked outside of the pharmacy, where a significant importance is appreciated. In the online channel there are many differences between categories. Are customers who are less loyal to the pharmacy buying online? Once you buy a category online you visit less or stop visiting the pharmacy? These are some of the questions that are answered in the study.
- The proximity, main reason for choice of pharmacy. Pharmacies are local establishments. 76% live less than ten minutes’ walk. The largest pharmacies can attract more distant clients. The service is the second reason of choice, which has gained relevance with respect to 2014 (27% vs 17%), as well as the convenience or site of passage, (19% vs 10%).
- We buy in more pharmacies. The pharmacy has a very loyal clientele, especially in prescription drugs. The buyer has 2.4 reference pharmacies. The development of Consumer Health has meant that many customers, that their usual pharmacy does not meet their needs beyond the drug, look for nearby pharmacies and specialists in the categories that interest them.
- A brand buyer. The pharmacy buyer prefers brands, even compared to other channels. The crisis, which for its duration had a greater impact in the period 2012-2015, changed buying habits and attitude towards brands. Probably, after three years of favorable economic environment, the buyer prefers to opt for branded products even if he has to pay more.
- Purchase planned. 89% of buyers have the category planned (vs 88% in 2014). 58% of category and brand decisions are made at home. Although the buyer is a marquis, he takes 42% of the purchasing decisions in the pharmacy, something more than 4 years ago.
- The showcase has gained notoriety. The showcase seems to be better managed and remains an opportunity. 39% of shoppers remember the showcase compared to 21% in 2014. The pharmacy has improved the execution and the impact of shop windows on its clientele; this fact reflects a greater awareness of the importance of the showcase as a key element to communicate its positioning and attract customers, and probably the influence of the laboratories in communicating the best practices in its execution.
- Opportunity at the point of sale. 36% of buyers apply the product in the linear and 64% give it to the pharmacy team.
- Pharmacist's recommendation in code. The impact of the drug and its equipment is the first source of information of importance to the buyer in the Consumer Health categories.
- Promotions, an opportunity for the pharmacy. 7% of buyers said they bought a product in promotion, compared to 5% in 2014. The most purchased promotions for the amount of product (36%) and price (34%). The lack of signaling of price of the products and the communication of the promotions makes that the perception of the promotion is inferior to the existing promotions.
- High satisfaction with the pharmacy. The assets of the pharmacy are the quality of the perceived service, the understanding of the needs, the treatment and the disposition. While the areas of improvement of the channel are the promotions, the low commercial proactivity.
IQVIA (NYSE: IQV), is a leading global provider of information services, innovative technology solutions and research that focuses on the use of data and science to help industry customers find solutions for their patients. Result of the merger between IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA has approximately 55,000 employees worldwide. Get more information on iqvia.com.
Shoppertec is a strategic and operational consultancy specialized in knowing the buyer and the point of sale, with a clear focus on action and achieving results.
+34 915 578 551 |+34 662 319 705
+34 601 733 951